Hand crafted copper and glass light catcher by Sarah Perez from Electric Sun Creatives. Each piece is lovingly made of manipulated charcoal-patinated copper shapes. Suspend this from the ceiling (with a ceiling hook) near a window or hang from your curtain rod right in the window, to experience the light magic of this piece.
• 8cm x 63.5cm (entire length with chain)
• Manipulated charcoal-patinated copper shapes
• Either sanded to a brushed finish and/or hammered a shiny finish
• Coated with a wax, for longevity of finish
• Hand crafted in the USA
• All of these pieces show the signs that a human created them, by human hands
Northern California-based metal artist, Sarah Perez, creates mobiles and wall hangings made of metal sheet and tubing, with partiality to the warm reflective hue of brass. With training in sculpture and small metals, Perez has taken what she learned and made it her own; manipulating wire, cutting out shapes, filing, sanding and stringing them together until it’s pleasing to the eye.
She is inspired by the shapes and beauty around her, as well as Alexander Calder, the father of the kinetic sculpture. She is fascinated with balance and composition and can often be found on the studio floor getting lost in the shifting of pieces until she lands on something of beauty and simplicity.