Hand crafted brass and glass light catcher by Sarah Perez from Electric Sun Creatives. Each piece is lovingly made of manipulated brass shapes cut from brass sheet.
• 3 x 40cm
• Manipulated brass shapes cut from brass sheet
• Brass is either sanded to a brushed finish and/or hammered a shiny finish
• Brass is coated with a wax, for longevity of finish
• Hand crafted in the USA
• All of these pieces show the signs that a human created them, by human hands
• Imperfections and some of the natural beauty of brass is to embraced
Northern California-based metal artist, Sarah Perez, creates mobiles and wall hangings made of metal sheet and tubing, with partiality to the warm reflective hue of brass. With training in sculpture and small metals, Perez has taken what she learned and made it her own; manipulating wire, cutting out shapes, filing, sanding and stringing them together until it’s pleasing to the eye.
She is inspired by the shapes and beauty around her, as well as Alexander Calder, the father of the kinetic sculpture. She is fascinated with balance and composition and can often be found on the studio floor getting lost in the shifting of pieces until she lands on something of beauty and simplicity.